Monday, November 4, 2013

What's Up Doc

Since the announcement and publishing of the Battlegroup Kursk rule book, I've been busy gathering forces in 1/72 (20mm and 1/76) scale for creating a Russian army as well as a German army. My German army is going to consist of a Leibstandarte part and a Wehrmacht part. I have also been collecting terrain and scenery items. For that I found a lot of inspiration in the rule book as in the many articles on the internet. You can also follow the Blogs from rule book writer Warwick Kinrade and co-writer/modeller Piers von Brandt.

There is a lot of support for the Battlegroup Kursk rule system as for advise regarding available figures and models too. I frequently visit the Guild Forum, the Plastic Soldier Company and the Iron Fist Publishing site with additional and supporting comments and downloads.


 
Most of my figures and vehicles are plastics but in order to complete the opposing miniature armies I also bought some metal and resin items. The pictures show only part of both Russian and German troops, that is the parts I have almost completed building.


 
Many of my infantry figures are placed on 20mm washers. It is my intention to complete building up my forces first and I am quite far by now. When this is done I will start the painting (including weathering & pimping) plus basing job. I must confess that it has been a while since I have painted vehicles, making it quite an exiting challenge!

 
I will keep you informed about the progress from time to time. For now I'm going straight back to the hobby and working table to have another look at some additional stuff that I bought at Crisis (120mm mortars + crew, Late War Russian decals, explosion markers plus one Vallejo Russian vehicle paint set) for my Battlegroup Kursk project.  
  

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds and looks like a lot of work! And you did some good purchases at CRISIS, I read!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete